For any organization, it’s culture and goals determines the leadership style that best fits for them. Normally, organizations offers different leadership styles according to their needs from time to time. Here we are discussing the 5 popular leadership styles under use,
- In this Leadership style, leader lacks in direct supervision of his employees.
- Since there is no supervision the employees will not be provided with any feedback.
- Under this category, we will have highly experienced and well trained employees who doesn’t require any supervision.
- Managers will not show supervision or leadership efforts that can lead to
- Lack of control
- Poor Productivity
- Increased costs
- This leadership style, allows managers to take decisions without the inputs from others.
- Managers will have the complete control and impose their will on their employees.
- No one can challenge the decision of autocratic leaders
- Autocratic is beneficial for employees who need close supervision
- Creative employees who can excel as a team will be affected, is a drawback
- Leader will value input from every team members thus it is also called democratic leadership style
- Final power of decision making will still remain with the participative leader
- This style gives a feel to employees that their opinion matters and their morale is boosted as they take part in decision making process
- When a change needs to be adopted inside the organization, this style of leadership helps as employees play a role in the process leading to smooth and easy adaptation to the change.
- This style will not be suitable when the decision to be taken in short duration
- Managers receive certain amount of task to perform and provide rewards or punishments to team members based on performance
- Manager and team are set with per-determined goals and team agrees to follow the leadership of Manager to accomplish the set goals.
- Manager will have the privilege to review results and to train, correct and reward employees based on his review.
- Employees will get rewards or bonus for accomplishing the tasks successfully.
- This style of leadership depends on the high level communication form the management to meet the goals
- Leaders motivate employees for productivity and efficiency
- Requires involvement of management for teams to meet the goals
- Management leader will focus on big goals of the organization and delegate tasks to smaller teams
Now, if you run or work in an organization tell us what leadership style(s) your organization have adopted.
Having the clear understanding of leadership style can help make changes that can boost productivity and efficiency of teams as well as for the organization.
If you have anything to share about this post, please do we are open for any kind of feedback.